William Franklin Close (1845) was born in Moravia, New York, the son of Jabez Close (1820) and Sarah A Royce.
He enlisted into Union forces in December 1863 in Flint, Michigan. He is recorded as wounded, but survived the war.
- Enlisted as a private in Company F, Michigan 8th Infantry Regiment on 06 Jan 1864.
- Promoted to Full 2nd Lieutenant on 29 Jul 1864.
- Mustered out on 17 Nov 1864.
- Commissioned an officer in Company E, Michigan 29th Infantry Regiment on 17 Nov 1864.
- Promoted to Full 1st Lieutenant on 07 Jul 1865.
- Mustered out on 06 Sep 1865 at Murfreesboro, TN.
And now for a bit of housekeeping
See the wood and the trees
We publish everything we have in our fabulous trees, so basically if you can’t find it, we don’t have it. With over 20,000 people, 5,000 families, 12,000 sources, and 69,000 image references currently sat in our database, you’ll appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this over the years.
You can see more in the Close Ancestry Trees.
We know that everyone in the world is after your hard-earned cash, but if you do feel a donation coming on as a result of your visit here, then please feel free to send it our way. It all goes towards the upkeep of the site, for which we charge absolutely nothing. So, please help us to keep the site free to use. Thanks.
If you find anything that you think may be of interest to us, then drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get these updates directly to your inbox
All our updates are also published to my Twitter feed, @PoetClose. So, you can follow me there … if you really have nothing better to do.