Dedication to John Close (1796)
A dedication on the east window of The Church of St Andrew at Grinton, Yorkshire.
It was dedicated to John Close (1796), Barbara Close (1820) and their son John Close (1849) by Susanna their daughter.
The inscription reads:
In honour of Christ crucified, and in memory of John Close of Low Whita, who died Oct. 7th 1872 aged 76 years; and Barbara Close widow of the same who died at Leeds April 14th 1894 aged 74 years; and John Close, their son, who died at Leeds Nov 6th 1879 aged 30 years; Susanna their daughter dedicates this window.
The church yard has a number of graves of the people mentioned here.
The entire East window. The dedication is in the bottom left-hand panel.